Employment Opportunity: Network Technician I
Is this you?
You’ll be focused on our clients’ success. To succeed you need to love people and love technology. You won’t be alone . . . you’re part of a fun, high-performance team that supports one-another. It really is rewarding working on a winning team whose clients love them.
You have excellent communication skills–written and verbal, are an effect team member and get excited solving problems. A background in customer service can’t hurt. You’re comfortable teaching others technology, right? The team you’re joining is driven to pursue excellence, utilizes the spiffiest gadgets, gizmos and practices . . . so you must love to learn, change and innovate. We’ll help you learn with your quarterly training budget and incentives.
Are you ready?
You’re engaging in a high touch, client contact position, playing a leadership role to plan, specify, deploy, support and maintain the IT infrastructure, systems and application that run our clients’ businesses (Line of business apps, cloud resources, LANs, WANs, data centers, desktops and mobile devices). You will serve the best in class healthcare, accounting, finance, winery, manufacturing & engineering operations who rely on technology to get business done.
You report to: Director of Client Services.
Your new office:
Clever Ducks is located in scenic downtown San Luis Obispo, California. We are a block away from 60+ restaurants, cafes & pubs, not to mention Farmer’s Market. You’ll be working in a new, open, collaborative space that is filled with natural daylight from windows and solar tubes. Of course we have a Sonos and Nespresso machine.
* Remote support for networks with a variety of computers, servers, peripherals and software
* Maintain documentation of communications and resolution of issues
* Prepare customer, operations, and systems documentation according to pre-established standards
* Manage IT projects, including implementing network equipment, servers, workstations and applications
*Support and engage in our positive company culture
Leadership and Communications
* Direct and coach service team members through tech & customer support challenges
* Manage customer relationships as a personal, service oriented trusted advisor
* Manage vendor relationships for our customers
We seek a solution-oriented person with solid experience in a handful of the following specific skills:
* Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016, SBS 2008/2011, Exchange 2010/2013, AD, SQL, & Office Applications
* Hyper-V / VMWare VSphere/ESXi
* Remote Desktop Services, thin clients.
* Routers (Cisco) T-1
* VPN technologies/protocols
* 802.11n/ac internal & external w/ WPA2
* Firewall appliances (SonicWALL, Netscreen, WatchGuard, Sophos UTM)
* Managed switches
* Print servers, printers and MFPs
* Backup systems (StorageCraft, Acronis, cloud backup solutions)
* Basic wiring – Termination & testing of CAT5/6
* Smartphones (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone)
* HP servers and workstations
* DHCP and DNS troubleshooting
* Hardware troubleshooting
* Cloud services management
* Two years or more of IT experience.
* Required Certifications:
–Tier 1: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft MTA’s (Administration/Networking/Security), SonicWall SA, ITIL Foundation
–Tier 2: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Server+ (or Managing O365 Identities & Requirements or Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012)
–or the ability to obtain certifications within 6 months. Experience may substitute for Tier 1 certs.
*Ideally IT-related AA or Bachelor’s degree
Personality traits desired:
* Professional, trustworthy, productive, fun, humble, systematic, organized, conscientious, polite, team player, reliable, multi-tasking, flexible, reassuring & confident with clients, patient and proactive.
* Full-time position, 8-5 core hours, flex time around those core hours; some overtime and weekend work will be required. We rotate on-call duties and value work-life balance.
* Must have valid CA driver’s license & reliable vehicle, 50% onsite; 50% around SLO county (mileage will be reimbursed)
* Able to lift 40 pounds
* Company utility bike use is optional but encouraged.
* Uniform shirts provided.
* Complete benefits package, paid time off and competitive hourly wage position.
About Clever Ducks:
Clever Ducks is an Information Technology professional services firm serving clients throughout the San Luis Obispo-Santa Maria area since 1992. Our devotion to optimum reliability, exceptionally responsive customer service and proper documentation set us apart. Our progressive, steadily growing business makes us a great place to work and grow a career. We provide technology solutions which directly support our clients’ business models.
Clever Ducks is conveniently located at 1313 Broad Street in San Luis Obispo, CA.
To apply for this position email firstname.lastname@example.org include a PDF of your resume, as well as a short PDF cover letter explaining two things: why you’re amazing, and why you’re the ideal candidate for this job.